samedi 30 septembre 2017

We Recreated Our Childhood Glamour Shots And Here's What Happened

So. Much. Hairspray.

There was once a time – before Instagram – when real beauty could only be captured in a Glamour Shot.

There was once a time – before Instagram – when real beauty could only be captured in a Glamour Shot.

Paramount

We're Erin, Sheridan, and Krista and these are our childhood Glamour Shots.

We're Erin, Sheridan, and Krista and these are our childhood Glamour Shots.

Erin's pictures were taken in Florida, Sheridan's were in New Jersey, and Krista and her mom, Connie, had theirs taken in Kansas.

BuzzFeed

And we all had very different experiences when we had our Glamour Shots taken.

And we all had very different experiences when we had our Glamour Shots taken.

Erin: It's probably the case that many young girls in 1995 looked forward to a chance to get their Glamour Shots taken, but I truly did not. Mainly because my friend's mom — who took us — told me I'd have to wash my hair (which, as a tomboy, I absolutely hated doing). Looking back, I don't know what was worse: washing my hair beforehand, or the amount of Aqua Net they shellacked on me at the photoshoot.

Sheridan: This was the year I asked my parents for a new cellphone for my birthday (specifically for a Razr THAT I NEVER GOT, THANKS MOM) and instead they got me a Glamour Shot photoshoot as a present. I was a pretty awkward 13-going-on-14 and I guess they thought this would help boost my confidence. I don't remember much about the day since I've forcibly repressed all memories before the age of 18, but for this I do remember bringing all my outfits and feeling so ~fresh~. Too bad no one told me about strapless bras.

Krista: I think I was around eight years old when I got my Glamour Shot with my mom at the local mall. At the time I remember wondering if this is what it felt like to be a celebrity in Hollywood. I wore glasses and the photographer made me take them off for the photo. And, thinking about that now, making an eight-year-old girl feel like she couldn't be pretty with her glasses on is kind of messed up.

Macey J. Foronda / Via BuzzFeed

But, we decided to have these iconic shots recreated because the '90s were really a time to be alive.

But, we decided to have these iconic shots recreated because the '90s were really a time to be alive.

Macey J. Foronda / Via BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›



http://ift.tt/2x5zIB4 source : BuzzFeed - Buzz Tagged "funny pictures" http://ift.tt/2x5xGkx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire